About JIGYASA - Knowledge and Resource Centre
‘Reading is to the mind, what Exercise is to the body’.
The library is the Heart of an Educational Institute. The library stimulates the students to obtain, evaluate and recognize knowledge and to familiarize themselves with the trends of new knowledge for further education. To meet the vision and mission of the Institute, the library has been established “to promote knowledge generation and application through its effective dissemination". The library, therefore, acts as main learning resource centre of the Institute and provides services and facilities to meet the requirements and objectives of the Institute's.
The JIGYASA Knowledge and Resource Centre, Shri Ratanlal Kanwarlal Patni Girls College, has seen various phases of development since its inception. The library was established with a small collection of books, which has grown over time. At present, the library houses a collection of more than 28,000 books. Apart from this, the library also has a good collection of reference books, gifted books, and special collections that cater to the additional needs of teachers, students, and other staff of the college. The library subscribes to 20 national and international journals, 20 magazines, and 10 newspapers. Further, the library has an allocated newspaper reading area where students can read newspapers, magazines, and journals subscribed to by the library. The library functions with a welcoming approach towards modernization, and therefore, from time to time, library software was upgraded, computers were added, books were digitised, and subscriptions to databases like NLIST and DELNET were taken up. The library also has collections by way of donation.
‘Jigyasa’ Knowledge and Resource Centre, occupies most lively place on the campus providing a safe, comfortable and friendly environment that enables learning and advancement of knowledge.
To be a library of excellence keeping pace with the contemporary state-of-art services, resources and technology.
To provide seamless access to authentic, relevant and pin pointed information for supporting research, teaching and learning activities.
The library operates with the following objectives:
- To active participate to achieve vision and mission of Institute.
- Organising program that are user oriented to sharing knowledge and information.
- To support the learning process of the UG and PG students through provision of knowledge and information required fields.
- To fulfil information needs of the faculty and to support their teaching and learning activities.
- To support of thrust area of information needs of the faculty and researchers to support their research activities.
- To respond effectively to the information needs of the Institute's.
- Online public access catalogue
- Reading room facility
- Personal cubical
- Scanning facility for SRKPGC community
- The photocopying facility in the library is available, subject to copyright restrictions.
- Faculty Seating Area
Layout and Floor Plan:
Location & Floor Arrangements
Detail of the Library Space Area
- Total Build up Area in Library- 2487.74 Sqm
- Basement Build up Area- 1228.87 Sqm
- Ground Floor Build up Area- 1258.87 Sqm
- Library has separate study areas space for faculty and staff
First Floor: General Reading Room
- Property counter- Right side of Entrance Gate
- Circulation desk- Right side of Entrance Gate
- Daily Newspapers, Magazines and Journals – Left Side of Entrance
- General Reading Area - Center
Second Floor: Reference/Stack Area
- Property counter- Right Side of Entrance
- Circulation desk- Left Side of Entrance
- Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, and Competition related Reading Materials
- Reference Collection
- Stack area for Books - UG and PC Academic Courses, 4 Years Integrated Course (Education),
- Library Notice Board
- Technical Section
- Internet access area cum E-Library
- Donated Books Section
- Withdrawal Books Section
- Monday – Saturday – 09:00am to 05.00pm
- During Examination – 09:00am to 05.00pm
- Monday – Saturday – 09.30am to 03.30pm
- Sunday and Holidays – Closed
||CDs / DVDs
- Collection on Indian Civil Services: Arts, Science and Allied Subject.
- Competitive Exams like Bank/ Railway/SSC.
- UGC-NET/JRF, SLET, JAM, CA, CS,CAT
- Gandhi Collection.
- Fictions (Novels Classics), Award Winning Collection based on English.
- English Language/Hindi Language.
- Motivational Book/Interview/ Personality Development.
1. Acquisition Section:
- In order to acquire all sorts of reading and research materials, there is an Acquisition Section which acquires and collects them for the use of the readers. In order to provide these reading materials, the acquisition section after accessioning the reading materials sends them to the Technical Section for processing so that books and other reading materials could be used in their respective sections.
2. Technical Section:
- There is a Technical Section for processing of all reading and research materials acquired, where they are classified and catalogued and label and pasting before they are sent to respective sections to be used by the readers.
3. Circulation Section
- This section provides reading material to students for home. Users can borrow and return books through this section. At present there are 30,000 books approx. in the central library, for issue and returns of books.
4. Periodical; Section:
- There is a well-equipped section of Periodical Literature for meeting the information needs of research scholars and the students. In this Section all the current periodicals are displayed properly for the use of the readers and their back and bound volumes are maintained in systematic order. At present there are 35 print journals in the central library.
5. Reprographic Section:
- To provide Reprographic services, there is a Photocopier section, which has an advanced photocopying machine for providing Photostat copies of the document.
6. Research Division:
- Research Division facilitates a dedicated space for the users of the library where they can connect personal laptops to carry out their research work and projects.
7. Digital Resource Section:
- Digital Resource Section of the library provides 10 workstations through which users can access digital books, N-LIST and various open access resources.
- Entry to the Library is restricted only authorized members of the College with Identity Card. Other users (outsiders) can consult the library for research purposes after written permission to the Librarian.
- Every user must sign the register available at the entrance.
- Students and Staff are advised to enter into the Library from the ‘WAY IN’, and they have to leave through ‘WAY OUT’.
- Journals (unbound issues)/Reference Books/ Reports will not be issued from the library.
- Personal belongings like bags, umbrellas, personal books etc. are to be kept at property counter. Library reserves the right to check the contents of the items deposited at property counter.
- Photography, smoking, sleeping, use of cell phone and talking loudly are strictly prohibited.
- Strict silence, decorum and discipline must be maintained.
- Library users should not mark, underline, dog-ear mark, write, tear pages or damages the any library reading materials.
- Newspapers and Magazines must be read only in the reading room and should not be taken to another place.
- Users should not damage books in any form. If found guilty, the User will be charged as per existing Library rules.
- Readers should not spit in any part of the library
- No library material can be taken out from the library without permission/issuing.
- Members leaving the library should show the material borrowed or taken out of the library by them to the Security Guard for checking purpose.
- These rules, regulation and policies are subject to revision/updating from time to time without assigning any reason;
- Library users (Students/Faculty/ Staff) must abide by the rules and regulations laid down by the Library Administration;
- The Librarian has the power to cancel the membership and refuse admission to anyone who violates the rules and regulations of the LC or indulges in any other type of misconduct.
- Suggestions regarding purchase of books/other materials, subscriptions, improving of LC services, complaints etc., may be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Library has taken the following Institutional membership to fulfil the needs of the faculty, staff and students.
Developing Library Network (DELNET), New Delhi
The Developing Library Network (DELNET) a leading library network in India, was established to promote resource sharing among the libraries through Inter-Library loan & Document Delivery Services to its member libraries. It provides access to more thanthree crore and fifty laksh cataloguing records of books, journals, articles, video and record and many full-text databases, along with Inter-Library Loan(ILL) and Document Delivery services. DELNET has been actively engaged in compiling various union catalogues of the resources available in member libraries. https://www.delnet.in
National Digital Library of India (NDLI), IITKGP, Kharagpur
The National Digital Library of Indiais a virtual repository of learning resources which is not just a repository with search/browse facilities but provides a host of services for the learner community. It is sponsored and mentored by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, through its National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (NMEICT). NDLI provides user group-specific services such as Examination Preparatory for School and College students, researchers, general learners and job aspirants. It includes content that supports the 10 most widely used Indian languages in all disciplines. It is developed, operated and maintained by the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. The NDLI Clubs enable learners to effectively use NDLI throughout their journey of education while motivating them to contribute actively towards a national knowledge trove. SRKPGC, is also part NDLI Club - an initiative to engage learners and promote effective utilization of NDLI's vast resources through competitions, training sessions and workshops. https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in/account/registration
Journals and Magazines Requisition Form
Books Requisition Form
Book Recommendation Form
SRKPGC, Kishangarh orders all the bestsellers and popular titles you are looking for. However, sometimes a book takes off and we may have missed it. If you would like to recommend a book, movie, DVDs or cd for the library to consider the purchase, please use this form or you can mail us on: email@example.com
Came across a good book or resource lately? Share it with others, by filling in the form below.
Fields marked with an * are required.